I started to work on the woman vent figure..... It was a little more than I bargained for!
I started by removing her clothes. Whoever made her went all out with the body. Very meticulous about the shape! I then seperated her head from her body. I wanted to mount the head on a control stick it wouldn't be stationary. Her head turned out to be made out of a tin can! Bigger than a quart can, smaller than a half gallon. It was covered by a mixture of sawdust and flour mixture. Cutting the back of the head out was a project in itself. I needed to replace two cutting bits to get through the can. Once through, I cut out the eyeholes.
There was a piece of wood that ran down the whole figure from the back of the head to the base of the body. It was probably used as support while they built the body and the head. I took it out of the head and opened up the back completely by removing it from the body as well.
I can't really say that this is a restoration job because I am doing some major changes. I will however stay with the same look of the figure and just polish up her features as well as add some animations. I figured out a name for her. It's Peaches. Thats what the label on the can said.