Friday, March 11, 2011

Piggies Body
















I was trying to think of something different for a body. I received a Miles Kimballcatalogue in the mail and they had 17" Easter Eggs (hollow plastic) I bought two of them. I cut the top and the bottom off the egg and mounted a wood bottom and top on the open ends. I cut a neck hole in the top and glued them in place with hotmelt. I cut a square opening in the back for hand access and painted the egg the same color as the pigs head. I then made two little hooves out of wood and magic sculpt and connected them to some tube arms. I wanted the pig to have an extra animation so I connected cord to his arms an ran them over a small dowel on the top and drilled holes into the top for the cord to pass through.I tied them to a handle inside the body so the pig can raise or flap his arms together or individually. It's a great animation . I added little legs and here we are so far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The progress on the Pig puppet has been amazing!
I just came back to inform you that Dumbstruck is out late this month and starting the films tour.
Dumbstruck's facebook page has also posted up a contest give away. Winner gets an Axtell Puppet! I know that your making your own, but what else is a better way to display your piggy puppet than turning in a video with you and your puppet!
http://on.fb.me/dFIxft