Sunday, May 4, 2008

Relocating my shop


I have been using our recreation room for almost ten years now as my shop. I turned the bar into a workbench and the televsion room into a staging area. Darlene has finally had it. She put her foot down when the dummies started making their way into the front of the house.

In her own words: " which dummy is going to stay up front with me and which one is going to the back?" Well, that wasn't hard to figure out, she was talking about me, right?

Needless to say, it was time to get a new shop. I had been outside fore 10 years prior to moving in. I like working in air conditioning and heat so I moved inside. My old shop is too small (or I've gotten too wide) So last week, I had a new one delivered to me and over the next few weeks, will be relocating back outside. ( I feel like a dog who pooped on the carpet and has been banned to the backyard!) I am, however, making it more comfortable this time. I am insulating it, adding a heater and an air conditioner and vacuum unit so I don't have to stand out in the heat to do woodwork and sanding. I will keep you up to date on how it goes. This little guy was finished up this weekend and is now waiting to take up his position as wise cracker to whoever wins him on ebay. As always, any questions, anything I can help you with concerning figure making or ventriloquism, feel free to email me at gepettosworkshop@yahoo.com

No comments: