Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fresh Ham!







I've been working on this project for Duque Delbot in Mexico. He wanted a leg of pork that could talk. It took me awhile to figure how i was going to do this one. I remember reading Clinton's blog an seeing the bats that he turned into ventriloquist figures. If I cut the top half of the bat off, split it down the side, then put one half on each side of the bottom part of the bat connecting the top at the edge of the bat and the bottom snug against the handle, I would get the shape I was looking for. I then covered it with a thin layer of magic-sculpt and then cut out a mouth and eyes. I formed the bottom jaw with the epoxy and belt sanded the sides to fit. then I attached the eyes inside the frame and built his face around them. I formed a pigs foot at the bottom of the bat and started putting in the mechanics. Here is the unpainted result. He should be finished by the end of this weekend. When he is, I will post more pictures. Have a great day!

No comments: