Sunday, July 1, 2007

"Peaches" gets a face lift and augmentation




I've been really busy this past week. I don't feel like I have time to catch my breath. I finished a couple of orders and recieved two new ones. Not much of a chance to work on "Peaches." I did however remold her body and got rid of the "skin condition she had on her face. I alsosculpted out a bottom "skull" so to speak to build under her chin and make a neck. Her eyes are sitting in the socket right now and I need to sculpt around them so she doesn't look like a martian.

The medium I am using is paper clay. It is a great sculpting medium to use and dries almost like a plastic. It's durable and light weight when it dries. Bill Nelson, famous for his artwork in New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, and many other publications, told me about it. Bill is a master figure maker, the best in my belief. I am lucky enough to own one of his figures!

By next week, I should have her head completed and painted as long as nothing else comes up.....

1 comment:

Trenon Graham Ventriloquist said...

Okay steve i got it the pic on u'r blog the bald guy next to the guy with the big nose make me that figure with the head like his bald with blinkers light brown eye 35' moving eyes and head stick african american with the little beard hair under his chin that would be great also send me a phto of him with hair and without hair if possible Steve !!!! i got it i know what i wan tknow steve